Monday, March 10, 2008

You Want The Candy

Here's another panel from the Nobodies. I have 10 pages done, so I've still got a ways to go. I'm also trying not to ruin too much of the story prematurely on this blog. An no, this girl is not going to become Venom.

Oh, and one more thing. I have to slightly changed the title from 'The Nobodies' to the 'Nobodies.' Why? Well, apparently some guy wrote a kids book called 'The Nobodies' so I'll just drop the 'the' in the title despite my explicit use of 'The' whenever I talk about it.

I'm almost out of blank comic book pages too, so I'll be on the hunt for those this week, seeing as AD comics is fresh out.

-V-

4 comments:

Daniel Andrews said...

I have an extra full un-opened pack, if you need them that quick. Let meh know friend.
Cool panel too. Nice up close for a higher sense of panic. I like dthe Venom comment too. I didn't think of it when I saw it but you coved it just in case.
Looking forward to giving you my money when it comes out.
See you at Drink & Draw. I need Guiness!

Vince K. Smith said...

Thanks man! I picked up 2 packs today at Comic-kazi so I'm covered for the rest of the issue.

I tells ya, I'm so excited to unleash this project in April. That and Wednesdays don't come soon enough. I wanted to do the cover this week, but I wanna wait until I start drawing some of the other characters first. That way they don't look different on the cover and the insides.

See you tommorrow dude!

-V-

FS said...

Let me know if you still need more drawing paper when I get back... I have like 150 sheets of DC paper that they sent me, but since I'm going digital on this book I can't use it. It's nice stuff though.

So satisfying to look at a stack of finished pages, eh?

Vince K. Smith said...

Very satisfying, the pile grows every week.

I've got some sheets now, but they're a lil dodgy. They have this really waxy surface, makes for some tricky inking.

Still, I'd love to try out official DC sheets. So whatever you can haul overseas, I'd gladly accept with open arms.

Take Care,

-V-