Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Wizard Turns On...


Hey Gang,

Yes, I went to the San Diego Comicon and yes, it rocked my boxers and didn't call the next morning. Fucking amazing.

What a wellspring of geekdom, free shit, artistic gold, professional snobbery, drunken confiding and inspirado. Met a bunch of artists I haven't seen since the Calgary Expo, like Humberto Ramos, Fransisco Herrera, Alberto Ruiz, Robin Mitchell, Jim Zubkavich and Steve Leialoha.

I also got to meet/see some new dudes like Ashley Wood, David Mack, Jim Mahfood, Paul Pope, Colleen Coover, Deanna Marsigliese, Andrew Robinson, Phil Noto, and James Jean.

What a cock show! The most inspirational of all -- Paul Pope. A true artist who chooses comics over any other medium he's done. I have a man-crush on him.

Well after a bunch of swag was bought, lessons learned, people met, and inspiration suckled, I'm more jazzed than ever for the artistic road in front of me. First project after San Diego -- Bread, a short horror story for an upcoming Vicious Ambitious book called 'Pumpkin Juice'

Boo-yaka sha, all up in yo' cahr!

-V-

2 comments:

FS said...

I think more straight dudes have a crush on PP than any other man.

Vince K. Smith said...

Yeah, he's man-pretty.