Monday, November 19, 2007

We Don't Care About the Young Folks

Hey Gangsters,

I've been drawing/studying Cory Walker today. If you don't know who this comic prodigy is, then check him out. Why do I like him? Well at the risk of sounding like I have a man-crush, I really dig the simplicity this guy throws down. I'm sure it's hard to do, but damn does he make it look easy. It's distinct, effective and flexible. Three things I need to work on and will probably work on, all my artistic life.

Needless to say, here's some photo-ref drawings with my attempt to Walkerfy them. Not really Walkerish, but the simplicity is coming along. Faces are deceptively easy, but I still need to work on eyes. Damn those eyes!

Included in this bevy of beauties are two fashion models, a high school crush, and my muse for life, Shannyn Sossamon.

No comments: